Friday, January 3, 2014

Finally made it to Fiji

Finally made it to Fiji!!


It only took what seemed to be about 20 hours, oh wait it did take that long..and even longer!! It was complicated and made more hectic by the Nadi, Fiji flight that got canceled a day before so our flight was extra crazy and also worsened by my brother having to cancel our vacation on me :(

My lovely view of the back of someone's seat on the plane


Traveling as far as I did, I left January 1st and didn't get here till the 3rd, so basically lost a day in the time warp. At least now I got to sit next to this cute little old Fijian grandmother who I told my sob story to and she agreed to let me stay at her house and feed me lots of delicious food, which seemed like a good idea but I would have had to take a bus, a mule (maybe), and backpack some distance for so I thought maybe I shouldn't. Needless to say, the Fijian culture is very friendly and inviting.

So in any case, this is my vacation week and since I'm traveling alone, I'm going to do it Julie Robert's style and "Eat. Pray. Love." my way through the Fiji islands or at least the Coral Coast before heading to Suva where the hospital I'll be working is at.

First stop, Nadi!!

"Bula" Nadi!! which means "Hello"

So Blue

My little resort

No comments:

Post a Comment